Platinum Institute Australia has prescribed entry requirements for each of its courses to ensure that International students have appropriate vocational experience, academic and English language skills to undertake the requirements of the course.
Platinum Institute Australia will assess all applications for admission according to its designated procedures and only offer a place to those students who satisfy the prescribed course entry requirements.
Platinum Institute Australia will ensure all prospective students, have sufficient information about:
- Platinum Institute Australia including its facilities, resources, location, staff and support services that are available to students;
- Details of any arrangements with other providers involved in the delivery of the course(s);
- Information about Platinum Institute Australia courses including content, duration, modes of study and assessment and the qualification attained upon completion;
- Entry requirements for the course including and materials and equipment you, the student, must provide and any course credit that might apply;
- Tuition fees and any associated course costs; f ) A description of the ESOS framework that protects the interests of overseas students;
- Important policies and procedures of the Institute including information about the grounds on which the student’s enrolment may be deferred, suspended or cancelled; and
- Relevant information about living in Australia. Information for prospective students is available in three main places: the website; the Student Information Handbook and the course information brochures. Agents working on behalf of the Institute have access to these sources.
In the development of any advice or information to potential students, Platinum Institute Australia will refrain from using abbreviated course titles and unnecessary acronyms.
All applications for enrolment will be assessed by the Student Support Officer to determine the applicant’s eligibility for enrolment.
The Training Manager will only approve the enrolment of those students who demonstrate that they meet the requirements specified for the course.
If the prospective student does not satisfy the eligibility criteria but is requesting admission on the basis of special consideration, their application may be considered by the Training Manager.
The preferred minimum entry requirements are as follows:
- Age: 18 years of age or older at time of application (No younger students will be admitted)
- Academic: Australian year 12 or equivalent.
- There may be additional requirements for some courses. If so, these will be specified onthe course information brochures.
- English: IELTS 5.5 (dependent on country profile) or demonstration of successful completion of another Australian qualification conducted entirely in English. (This does not apply to students studying EAL (FurtherStudies) courses
Platinum Institute Australia, as an equal opportunity provider, recognises that some students may not necessarily meet the Institute’s eligibility/entry requirements. In addition, the training packages usually specify that student’s may enter a qualification, particularly at certificate level, through a number of entry points, provided that the student can demonstrate potential to undertake vocational education and training.
Students who do not meet the specified entry requirements can apply for special consideration. Applications should be made to the Training Manager in writing via the special consideration form. The application should describe the student’s potential to undertake vocational education and training courses which are delivered and assessed in English. For example, a student may describe:
- Personal or vocational experience in the study field
- Any other relevant qualifications
- Experience in using English as a second language.
All applications for special consideration are assessed by a senior trainer together with the Training Manager.
All fees and charges are published clearly and accurately. All fees and charges are explained in our course brochures and available on our website.
Platinum Institute Australia will work with you to ensure that the course you choose aligns to your career ambitions and will provide you with the electives and pathways based on your previous experience or other qualifications you may have. This might include recognition of prior learning or credit transfer, including recognizing the qualifications and statements of attainment you have achieved from any other registered training organization anywhere in Australia; or from an AQF issuing authority.
Once the enrolment form is signed Platinum Institute Australia will guarantee to provide the training stated in your enrolment form.
All International Students enter into a written agreement before paying any fees (with exception of the Application Fee). The written agreement specifies the terms and conditions of the student’s enrolment, including the provision of refunds, thereby forming part of the consumer protection framework for overseas students.
Platinum Institute Australia will provide International Students with a written agreement which specifies all the terms and conditions of their enrolment in order to formalise the enrolment.
Students are required to sign and return the agreement before paying any fees to Platinum Institute Australia.
The written agreement will include all information required under Standard 3 of the National Code and will specify each and every course that is to form part of the student’s enrolment with Platinum Institute Australia.
Enrolments are accepted when course offers are advertised. Course offers will have a closing date for applications.
To begin the enrolment process:
- Select the course you wish to enrol in;
- Check the course entry requirements
- Check the application closing date
- Make application online or through an agent
Before you submit your application, make sure you have:
- PDF of academic transcripts and graduation certificates for all school and tertiary studies you have undertaken (original language and certified English translations)
- PDF of official English testing results from IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson or Cambridge CAE/ CPE (if applicable)
- PDF of any syllabuses of subjects if you wish to be considered for advanced standing (credit transfer)
- PDF of any professional qualification or memberships you may have
- PDF of your passport and visa (if applicable)
- AUD $250 for the Application Fee required upon submission.
Platinum Institute Australia will contact you should we require additional information. When Platinum Institute Australia has determined that a student is eligible for enrolment, a letter of offer together with a written agreement will be sent to the student. The student is required to return a signed copy of the written agreement to Platinum Institute Australia.
The student will forward any further fees required to Platinum Institute Australia after they have returned the signed Acceptance Form On receipt of the payment Platinum Institute Australia will issue the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).
Platinum Institute Australia has arrangements in place with Education Agent/s for the purpose of recruiting prospective learners on its behalf.
A list of Education Agent/s with whom Platinum Institute Australia has recruiting arrangements in place is available at www.platinum.edu.au/agents Platinum Institute Australia will only use Education Agents who have an appropriate knowledge and understanding of the Australian international education industry.
Platinum Institute Australia will have a written agreement with every agent it engages to formally represent it. The agreement will specify the responsibilities of the Education Agent and the Institute and the need to comply with the requirements in the National Code.
The agreement will include:
- processes for monitoring the activities of the Education Agent, including where corrective action may be required; and
- termination of conditions
- requirements for the agent to comply with regulatory audits and to provide accurate and factual responses to the VET regulator.
This policy does not include agents representing students or parents who approach the Institute on their behalf.
Platinum Institute Australia will ensure that its Education Agents have access to up-to-date and accurate marketing information as set out in Standard 1 – Marketing Information and Practices.
Should a prospective student have any concerns with an Education Agents behaviour they should contact the Platinum Institute Australia’s Director on the contact details available on the RTO’s website.